Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Negative Space Nail Stamping Decals

Hey there!  I tried something new here and placed stamping decals over naked nails to try to do some negative space nails.  



There's not much to say about these.  First I put down Trind Nail Repair (so I guess my nails were completely naked).  The stamping image is from QA65, that I purchased from the Born Pretty Store, stamped with Mundo de Unas Lavender (#49) which is more of a dusty blue than lavender to my eyes.  Then I filled the areas I wanted with yellow acrylic paint.  



I think this technique would be more dramatic if the empty areas were larger but I still think it's kind of neat.  Of course I had the same problem I always have:  bubbles under my decals...grrr!  They weren't too noticeable from far away but check out the macro shot I took of them.  


What do you think?  Should I try this technique again sometime, bubbles and all?

'Til next time...








No comments: