Sunday, September 14, 2014

31DC2014 Day 14 - Picture Polish Forget Me Not Flowers

Press  Sample

Hey there!  How's everybody's weekend going?  I've spent mine engrossed in my nail polish, trying to get a couple of days ahead on the challenge and get some review swatches done.  I've been a busy bee!  For the 14th day of the 31 Day Challenge, the prompt was flowers.  So I took inspiration from the polish's name and painted some Forget-Me-Not flowers on Picture Polish Forget Me Not, one of the latest blogger collaboration shades to come from Picture Polish.



Picture Polish Forget Me Not is the collaboration shade from the amazing Lacquertude.  She is pretty much the hands on Picture Polish.  Her swatches are the photos on the Picture Polish website so I was so happy to see her got her own shade.  Forget Me Not is a vibrant blue jelly with scattered holographic effect.  This is three thin coats and Rica Glossy Glam as top coat.  The first coat dragged a bit with application but it evened out perfectly with the second coat.  



Check out the close up of the little holographic flakes in this polish.  So pretty!


For the flowers, of course I had to paint the tiny blue Forget-Me-Nots.  Honestly I've never even seen Forget-Me-Nots and, after googling, I know why.  Apparently they're common in temperate climates and Edmonton is far from temperate with its winters that seem to last 8 months. 


I painted the flowers with acrylic paint.  A light blue over white and a couple of shades of green and yellow.  So, while I don't know firsthand if these actually look like their namesake flowers, I think they're pretty cute.




Picture Polish Forget Me Not is available from Color4Nails for $14.50.  Be sure to follow Color4Nails to keep up to date on these and other great colours.


'Til next time...



No comments: