Saturday, September 6, 2014

31DC2014 Day 6 - Purple Splatter Nails

Hey there!  For the challenge today (purple nails) I did something I told myself I was never ever going to do again - a splatter mani!  But since I'm revisiting old techniques I've done and forgotten, I thought this challenge would be the perfect time to try again.  And now I'm back to saying I'm never doing this again, haha!



For the base here, I used 2 coats of China Glaze Grape Pop.  And then created one heck of a mess with Island Girl Aloha Dream, American Apparel French Lilac and L'Espirit and China Glaze Givers Theme.  




I'm showing it here without top coat because I like the textured effect it has but if you like totally smooth nails, top coat is the way to go.  And take my advice, if you're going to do a splatter mani, it's a good idea to start before what most people would consider bedtime.  At 11 pm, having one hand not started and the other hand absolutely covered in nail polish, I was a bit stressed.  Good thing I'm a night owl!

'Til next time...



No comments: