Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Rica Stamping Polish Review

Press  Sample

Hey there!  Before I post today's 31 Day Challenge mani, I thought I'd post a review on a couple of Rica polishes that I was sent by Color4Nails.  I was so excited to review these because I really wanted to test out Rica polishes for stamping.  As a bonus, they're also safe to wear as regular polish.


The colors I was sent were Whiteout and Mellow Yellow.  These polishes come in 16.5 mL bottles (larger than your average polish which is generally 15 mL for a full size bottle) and they're 3-free which makes them safe for regular polish.  While they are opaque enough for stamping, they aren't thick like some stamping polishes can tend to be so they apply easily.  

Whiteout is my new go-to white polish.  It applied like a dream - not streaky as white polishes can be.  This swatch is only one coat plus Rica Glossy Glam top coat.


This is how Whiteout stamps over black.  You can see it stamps perfectly opaque.  The plate I used was MoYou London Back To The 70's -02.  There are some gaps in the stamping though those can be because I use a squishy stamper.  



I also stamped with Whiteout over Mellow Yellow.  Unfortunately because these are both light colours the stamping is difficult to see from a distance.  But close up you can see the contrast.  The plate here is MoYou London Fairytale -01.


Mellow Yellow is a bright sunshine yellow.  It's not quite as opaque as Whiteout so this is two coats plus Rica Glossy Glam top coat.  Again, yellows can be streaky but this one has a great formula.   


Here is how Mellow Yellow stamps over black.  It stamps on black as more of a pastel yellow than it appears on its own.  There's a few more blank spots than Whiteout has but, for a yellow over black, this is almost as good as it gets.  It's not as opaque as Mundo de Unas is but Mundo can't be used as a regular polish.  The plate used here is MoYou London Back To The 80's -03.



Lastly this is stamping with Mellow Yellow over Whiteout using MoYou London Pro -02.  Over white, Mellow Yellow looks much brighter than it does over black.


My overall impression of Rica polishes, both as regular polish and stamping polish, is definitely a positive one.  In fact, after trying these I have since ordered a few more colours.  I'm sure you'll be seeing them here soon.

Rica polishes are available from Color4Nails for $7 each currently.  

'Til next time...











No comments: