Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Triple Water Spotted Nails

Hey there!  For this week's 52 Week Pick n Mix challenge I chose the "grey + color" prompt for my nail art.  I thought this would be a good time to give a few of the KBShimmer polishes I have some love so I used them for this water spotted look.  I guess I was in the mood for clean up this past weekend.  If you've ever used nail polish and water together, you know what I mean...



The grey I used here is KBShimmer My Life's Porpoise.  At first I was going to use How You Dune? but when you compare the two side-by-side, My Life's Porpoise is definitely more grey.  This is two coats plus KBShimmer Clearly On Top.


For the "+ color" part of the prompt, I picked blue to be my color.  I waterspotted using KBShimmer Low and Be Bold (the darker blue) then Sky Jinks (the lighter blue) then added a coat of Clearly on Top.  



I wore them with just the blue for a day then I decided to see how it looked with white as well.  So I did another round of water spotting with Pure Ice Superstar!  It gives it a pretty different look, in my opinion...more like angry water.  


I met my mom for dinner on Sunday with one hand painted with just the blues and the other with the white added and she said she liked the one with white more.  So now I have to ask, which do you like more?

'Til next time...



No comments: