Friday, November 21, 2014

Real Feather Nail Art

Hey there!  A couple of weeks ago in a Facebook group I'm in, someone picked the theme of doing mani's using real feathers.  I remember these being sort of popular awhile back so I bought a bunch of feathers, tried to use them once and failed miserably.  Since then my feathers have been collecting dust.  But I busted them out again for the challenge to use them here where I combined real feathers and stamped feathers.



I had just gotten Picture Polish Honeymoon, a collaboration shade with Victoria from Manicurator, and wanted to try it out so that's what I used as a base for these.  I can't believe how well the Picture Polish team managed to match her Caribbean sea inspiration.  This is 3 coats plus top coat.




For the real feathers, I used some black and pink feathers that I probably got from Born Pretty Store (it was ages ago so I can't say for sure) and followed this tutorial from The Nailasaurus.  The trick is definitely using a few coats of top coat over the feathers to hold down all the extra bits.  I used 3 coats of Seche Vite.


For the stamping, I made decals using MoYou London Tropical -06 and Mundo de Unas Black and Pink (#10).  After I saw that my nails were too long for the regular sized MoYou London plates, I filed them that weekend.  Turns out that when I'm not playing ultimate frisbee regularly, my nails grow because I'm not constantly fighting breaks from getting hit with that hard piece of plastic.  


I hope everyone has a delightful weekend!  For those of you that have been dealing with the crazy storms, stay safe and warm!

'Til next time...







No comments: