Friday, December 5, 2014

Day and Night Cycle Nail Stamping

Hey there!  Okay I don't always love the stuff I share here.  Honestly, sometimes it's just meh to my overly critical brain.  But I loved these ones and it broke my heart when I had to take them off.  Unfortunately I didn't know what to call them hence the strange post title.  I wanted to wear a whole day, from sunrise to nighttime, on my nails so I hope that comes across here.  


The list of polishes and stamping images I used here is a bit ridiculous but here we go.  I started with a different gradient base for each of the timepoints.  Yup, I'm a scientist...I just used the word "timepoint" in a nail post.  For the gradients I used:

Sunrise - China Glaze Sun of a Peach (orange) and Happy Go Lucky (yellow)
Midday - KBShimmer Sky Jinks (darker blue) and Revlon Full House (lighter blue)
Sunset - Orly Saturated (purple) and Picture Polish Flirt (raspberry)
Night - Sally Hansen Night Fright (black) and KBShimmer Low and Be Bold (blue)



For the stamping, each nail has two images:

Sunrise - Dashica Infinity-52 (sun, MDU white) and Cici& Sisi-01(sunbeams, MDU yellow)
Midday - Cici & Sisi-07 (sun, MDU, yellow) and Mash-37 (clouds, MDU white)
Sunset - Dashica Infinity-52 (sun, MDU yellow; birds, MDU black)
Night - Nailz Craze NC-02 (stars, MDU white) and Born Pretty BP-13 (moon & cloud, MDU white)



So now you know what a cartoon version of the typical Alberta day looks like.  We currently have a girl from Italy doing a 6 month rotation in our lab and she said the day time nail reminds her of Edmonton with our bright blue skies.  If I ever had to leave here I would desperately miss the Alberta sky.  It really is something to behold.

'Til next time...





No comments: