Thursday, January 15, 2015

The Digit-al Dozen Does Fairy Tales: Day 4 Frozen Nail Stamping

Hey there!  Today I continue on with the week of Fairy Tales along with the rest of The Digit-al Dozen.  Today's mani is a bit of a stretch when calling it a fairy tale.  Frozen, the uber-popular Disney movie that I'm sure every parent is sick of, is based on a classic fairy tale called The Snow Queen but, according to Wikipedia, changed so much by the time it was done that it no longer resembled the original story.  But that's not to say it isn't a modern day fairy tale according to this definition, right?



The base I used for this Frozen stamping is Colors by Llarowe Shimmering Waters, a light blue holographic with microglitters.  This is two coats plus HK Girl top coat.  Unfortunately it has been discontinued so it might be hard to find.



I wasn't sure about including this one since it wasn't very creative.  Honestly it's the good work of Sofia from Loja BBF that makes this mani.  I used stamping plate BBF-27 and Mundo de Unas Black to create stamping decals.  Unfortunately I didn't write down all the polishes I used to fill in the decals.  Bad blogger!  


Since I was invited to The Digit-al Dozen over a month ago, I've known the theme for January's DD week for awhile.  I actually wore this mani on Christmas Day when I knew I'd be seeing my niece.  Of course the only thing she said was "can you do that on my nails?".  Unfortunately I told her she's going to have to wait until she's a bit older when her nails are bigger.  Poor kid.  


If you're one of the folks who have seen Frozen 100 times and you have 10 minutes to spare, this YouTube video made me laugh out loud numerous times.  Enjoy!


That's all for today's instalment of The Digit-al Dozen week.  Don't forget to see what everyone has done in the link-up below.

'Til next time...




No comments: