Monday, March 2, 2015

Ikat Nail Art

Hey there!  This week's 52 Week Pick n Mix Challenge themes are "metallic" and "ikat".  At the risk of sound completely ignorant, I really don't understand what ikat means but a quick search in Pinterest tells me they're something like this.  So I pretty much copied everyone on the internet, haha!  I used a shiny base color to try to fit in both prompts.  



As I said, I used a shiny base.  This is the revamped version of A England Excalibur.  I don't have the original Excalibur but it looks to be a more chrome-like silver whereas the revamped version is a silver foil with tiny gold flecks.  This is two coats.  


For the ikat pattern, I followed the tutorials on Pinterest and painted on some China Glaze Thistle Do Nicely and then used black and white acrylic paint to complete the pattern.  


These were definitely eye-catching.  A clerk at the craft store said she noticed them when I was in lineup.  And the lineup definitely wasn't close to the till.  I guess if you ever want your nails noticed, go with silver and neon pink.  It works!  




'Til next time...



No comments: