Tuesday, May 12, 2015

The Digit-al Dozen does Geometric: Day 2 80's Decals

Hey there!  It's Day 2 of The Digit-al Dozen's Geometric week.  Yesterday Vic from Glowstars said you can't do geometric without referencing the 80's and I fully agree with her. These are my 80's-inspired geometric nails that I did by making polish into decals.



The base color I used for this is Glitter Gal Booze Bus that was suggested to me when I was looking for a super pale purple.  Isn't it a lovely color?  


For the single-color geometric shapes I used Misa Loveliest of Lilacs painted onto a plastic sheet cover.  When it was dry I just peeled it up and cut it into triangles and used top coat to stick them to my nail.  For the patterned decals I stamped an image from UberChic Beauty 2-01that had cute little geometric shapes with Mundo de Unas White onto dried top coat and then covered that with Color Club Wicker Park and did like above by peeling and cutting the decals once they were dry.  Lastly I used HK Girl top coat to smooth it all out.  



Have I been completely oblivious to this technique?  It saved so much time as opposed to taping and makes a super easy 80's look.

Click the links below to see what the other ladies of the Digit-al Dozen have done for today.

'Til next time...



No comments: