Wednesday, May 13, 2015

The Digit-al Dozen does Geometric: Day 3 Triangle Nail Stencils

Hey there!  Today is Day 3 of The Digit-al Dozen's Geometric-themed week and I think today's look is my favourite of the bunch that I did.  To create this sparkly triangular nail art I used some triangle nail stencils that I bought from Vinyl Boutique just to be able to use them this week and I love how they turned out, if I do say so myself.



Since I first heard we were having Geometric week I've had this image saved to my computer desktop.  In fact I bought the triangle stencils just to be able to do something inspired by it.   Obviously my nails didn't turn out quite like the image (that would involve way more taping than I have patience for) but isn't it a cool picture? 

image source
I started with a black base and then applied the vinyls and filled them in with a long list of polishes.  In case you're curious which polishes I used here's the list but don't ask me which is which:

Layla Titanium Sky
China Glaze Deviantly Daring, Optical Illusion
Rica Ice Queen
Deborah Lippmann Xanadu
Joss In a Mermaid’s Dream
Kleancolor Metallic Jungle
ILNP Admire Me
Glam Polish Below Zero


I unfortunately broke the number one rule of using nail vinyls and didn't do just one nail at a time.  By the time I peeled them up, some of the polish had dried and pulled off with the stencil so I had to freehand a few of the triangles in.  And you can see here that my thumb was a bit of a disaster.  



Lastly, don't forget to check out below to see what the other girls have done for us today.  

'Til next time...



No comments: