Thursday, June 11, 2015

The Digit-al Dozen does Fandom: Day 4 The XX Nail Art

Hey there!  Today is Day 4 of The Digit-al Dozen's Fandom and today I have a mani inspired by a band that I am a huge fan of.  I hadn't heard of The XX until a couple of years ago but, once I did, I bought every song I could find by them and have since been (impatiently) waiting for a new album.  So, while there are bands I've been aware of longer, I love this group so much that I wanted to do a mani inspired by a couple of their covers.



The XX has delightfully simple album covers.  The first album's artwork was a simple white X on a black background.  But that wouldn't have made the most exciting nail art so instead I choose the artwork for one of the album's singles, VCR.  I just sponged a bunch of pastel coloured Picture Polish shades (Mellow Yellow, Wisteria, Fairy Floss, Twinkle, Sky and Swagger) over a white base, cut a bit of tape (actually the edge of a sheet of Nail Vinyls) and went over it with KBShimmer Eclipse.  


Their sophomore album (Coexist) has artwork that looked like an oil slick on a white background.  For this one I started with a black base and then added some streaks of a variety of holographic and duochrome polishes (Ozotic Sugar 902, Ozotic 506, A England Fated Prince and ILNP Undenied, Reminisce, Peace, Masquerade and Birefringence).  Originally I wanted to water marble it but my polish was having none of that so I went the easy route.  Then, as above, I taped off an X and went over it with KBShimmer Eyes White Open.  And, of course, I made it shiny (and dry) with HK Girl top coat.     


Thanks for reading.  Now let's see what our other DD friends have brought for us today by checking out the links below.

'Til next time...


No comments: