Friday, June 5, 2015

Camping Stamping Nails

Press  Sample
Hey there!  Today I have yet another UberChic Beauty stamping post, this one from one of the original collections, Collection 2.  One of the stamping groups I'm in had a "soon to be summer" prompt and I knew I had to do something with this plate since it has so many outdoors-y images on it and the main reason I love summer so much is that I get to head to my family's cabin a lot.  But we used to just have a tiny little camper (though it wasn't as cute as this one) on our lake lot so I have spent many-a-night like this.



I started with a gradient of KBShimmer In Yacht Water (blue) and For Sail by Owner (green) which was completely unnecessary since it got covered by mountains and trees.  And then the stamping started...And there was A LOT of stamping!


First there were the clouds from UberChic 2-03 in MDU White.  Then the mountain decals from 2-02 in MDU Dark Grey (#34) and white acrylic paint.  Then trees from 2-02 in Dark Green (#7) and then Green (#8).  Then I made a river decal from an image on 2-02 in Blue (#4) and Sky Blue (#68).  And lastly I added the cute little trailer from 2-02 with MDU Black and yellow and grey acrylic paint.  Lastly I matted it with OPI matte top coat.  

I think this is definitely my most layered stamping ever but I love how it turned out.  I even wore it to work and was quite proud of it.  


I hope you all have a fabulous summer weekend!  Maybe these nails will inspire you to get out of town if you can.  That's what I'm hoping to do.

'Til next time...

No comments: