Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Bundle Monster Fuzzy and Ferocious Set 1 Review

Press  Sample

Hey there!  Today I have a fun stamping plate set from Bundle Monster to review, the Fuzzy and Ferocious Set 1.  It's not the newest set of plates from Bundle Monster (there's even a second set Fuzzy and Ferocious set already) but I was so drawn to these plates that I really wanted to review them.  In case the name doesn't give it away, this plate is dedicated to animals, big and small...as in REALLY big (elephants) to REALLY small (rodents) and everything in between.  Follow the jump to see my thoughts on these adorable stamping plates.


To start with, here is a set of scans of the plates I received.  You can see that there was no problems with any of the plates in my set.  They are stamped beautifully.  Each plate is a 2 inch (5 cm) square with the full nail images measuring approximately 15 x 22 mm.  The variety of styles of images in this set is really remarkable.  The animals featured range from domestic critters you might see every day to exotic beasts that I imagine most of us would rather not run into!  There is a variety of styles also that you don't usually find within the same collection.  There's some stunning animal face closeups (those are my personal favorites), cartoon, tribal and emoji-styles and more.  I really appreciate that this set tried to include something for everyone.  My only critique would be that, because the designs are quite large, people with smaller nails won't be able to get the full effect of some of the images, especially the closeups.  


I did three manis with this set so far.  Since I was most drawn to the animal close ups, but thought that a full stamped mani would be a bit much, I stuck to using these images as accent nails.  

To use the peacock image from BM-153, I started with a base of OPI Silver Canvas and then randomly put on Esmaltes da Kelly Soap Bubbles in Green, Blue and Purple.  I then dry brushed or stamped with Maybelline Bold Gold and finished with Essie Matte About You.  



To use the close up of the zebra face, I used 2 coats of KBShimmer Eyes White Open, stamped with BM-S151 with Mundo de Unas Black and matte'd with Essie Matte About You.  The other nails are Cult Nails Fetish with small white studs.  



Lastly, I really wanted to use the walrus image from BM-S156.  Here, I made a decal using Girly Bits Stormy Skies, Elf Meadow Mist and KBShimmer Eyes White Open.  The other nails are Stormy Skies stamped with an older Bundle Monster plate, BM-506.  Again these were finished with Essie Matte About You.  



If you're interested in this set, it is currently available here for $14.99.  As I mentioned, there's also a second set that you might want to check out that can be found here.  


'Til next time...

No comments: