Monday, April 11, 2016

The Digit-al Dozen does Gradient+: Fan Brush Gradient

Hey there!  It's time for a new Digit-al Dozen week.  This time we're doing "Gradient +" which means gradients with a little bit extra.  Now I LOVE gradients so I thought this would be easy peasy but I struggled with coming up with ideas that weren't all gradients with simple stamping.  In the end I did end up with a mix, all with different styles/methods of gradients, starting with today's fan brush gradient.  Using a fan brush doesn't necessarily give you the best blending of a gradient but it sure is fast!  For the + factor, I went with some Coachella-inspired stamping (since apparently Coachella does begin this weekend).



As I mentioned, a fan brush gradient tends to keep a bit of an unblended look but sometimes that's what you want (like me for this look).  And, as long as you use a skin barrier (liquid latex or something similar.  I personally used Bundle Monster's Poli-Peel, previously reviewed here) and opaque polishes, it only takes a few minutes.  I wanted a dusty gradient so I used all China Glaze polishes that have a bit of a dusty look to them.  I started with two coats of Tart-y for the Party and then, from cuticle to tip, used Fade Into Hue, Tart-y For The Party, Something Sweet, Peachy Keen and Lemon Fizz for the gradient.


For the stamping I used Bundle Monster BM-S303 from the Festival collection (previously reviewed here) and UberChic Beauty Yay Spring (previously reviewed here) with Mundo de Unas Dark Grey and Black.  In retrospect, adding the grass may have been a silly idea since, as far as I know, Indio, California is in the desert...but maybe they have small patches of grass...maybe?  


With the stamping, the gradient looks way more smooth but still rough enough to give a bit of a sunset cloudy feel.  


So that's my first gradient of the week.  If you'd like to see what the rest of the ladies have brought us today, check out the links below!  

'Til next time...



No comments: