Tuesday, June 21, 2016

KBShimmer Summer 2016 (Partial)

Press  Sample/Nothing to Disclose

Hey there!  Today's post is a review of one of my all-time favourite brands, KBShimmer.  A couple weeks ago I purchased a few KBShimmer products and polishes from the Summer 2016 collection from an awesome international stockist, Harlow & Co., which just happens to be based in my home of Canada.  I've been ordering from Harlow for years and with this purchase, the lovely Katie included a few extras for me to swatch and review.  I decided to write a bigger post with both my purchases This is a pretty picture heavy post so I hope you stick around to see all these pretties!


Good Reef!Coral creme with strong blue and pink shimmer.  This is 2-3 coats plus top coat.  It does go on a bit patchy so some needed third coat to even out.





Gull, Get Real!Amethyst colored birthstone-style polish.  Silvery-purple metallic flakes plus holo.
This is 2 coats plus top coat but it was almost good at 1 coat.




How Low Can You Flamingo? - This is possibly the brightest pink neon I've ever seen and this is without white undies.  I used 2 coats but it is a one-coater.  The formula is a bit thick but I didn't have any issues with levelling or dragging.  Since it's a neon I photographed it outdoors in the shade (so I apologize for my zombie-like skin tone) but it's still not quite color accurate but this is close.  



Neon Me - White crelly neon circles and neon microglitter.  I used 3 coats plus top coat.  As far as crelly/glitters go, this didn't dry bumpy at all.  




One Night SandCopper holographic/metallic flake polish.  I was expecting more of a rose gold (like ILNP's Juliette) but this is definitely copper.  I used 2 coats plus top coat.  


Ready For a Good Lime - Pastel neon lime green.  I used 2 coats plus top coat.  The formula is great, especially for a pastel neon which tend to be streaky to me.  Again, I photographed this one in the shade which destroyed by skin tone in the photos.  



I decided to compare it with last year’s For Sail By Owner.  For Sail By Owner has a slightly thinner formula and is less pastel than Ready For A Good Lime but still bright.  


That’s Nude To Me - Pink-leaning nude holographic.  It's not a eye-searing holo but rather a nice subtle holo that comes off as very classy.  This is 2 coats plus top coat.  



direct light
Chai Tea Picture Perfect Cuticle Creammoisturizes without leaving greasy which is perfect for swatching.  KBShimmer Chai Tea is my all time favourite lotion scent EVER so wanted to try the cuticle cream.  I can't count the number of the body lotion bottles I've gone through and I have a feeling I'm going to be the same way with this cuticle cream.  I've been using it for all my swatching lately and I love it.  


This is approximately how much I use for both hands so I think this little bottle will last me quite a while.  



Margarita Lime Lotion6.3 oz bottle with the new flip top dispenser cap.  Compared to old pump style bottle, I prefer these (though they don’t hold as much).  I've been a fan of KBShimmer lotions for ages.  They absorb quickly and have the perfect amount of scent.  I’ve used this lotion every day since I got it and I've been loving smelling like a lime popsicle.  


Since KBShimmer is only able to ship domestically within the USA, the rest of us international folks rely on the stockists to get the products to us.  I highly recommend Harlow & Co. for all for KBShimmer needs.  I have been a loyal customer for years and have only gotten the utmost customer service from Katie and I expect the same will be true for you.  

$12.50 CAD/polish
$6.50/cuticle cream
$12/lotion
Available at Harlow & Co.

'Til next time...


No comments: