Tuesday, November 15, 2016

The Digit-al Dozen does Color Contrasts: Purple and Yellow

Hey there!  The nail art I have today to continue the Digit-al Dozen's Color Contrasts week is a bit of a contradiction.  I did use contrasting colors (purple and yellow) but the technique I chose to use blended them up a bit so I lost some of the contrast.  I love the drip marble technique so much that this is easily my favourite mani of the week, contrast or no!  The only thing I don't love about this is the fact that I had been playing with silver chrome pigment in the days before and that stuff is impossible to get rid off so all my nails from that week have little bits of sparkle stuck to them....Grrrrrrr!



On the off chance that you haven't heard of the drip marble technique, the super awesome tutorial video from My Simple Little Pleasures can be found here.  All you need is some nail polish and some plastic lids.   



I only used three polishes for these:  Powder Perfect Puerto Rico, Watchful Nights and Color Club Almost Famous.  The yellow looks a bit more washed out than it did in real life.  Almost Famous is one of two yellows I like using for nail art since it's so bright and opaque.



That's all for today!  I hope you like these as much as I do.  For more contrast nail art, check out the rest of the group's designs in the links below.  

'Til next time...



No comments: