Thursday, March 9, 2017

Delush Polish The Mermaid Diaries Collection Review

Press  Sample

Hey there!  Today I'm so excited to be sharing the upcoming collection from Delush Polish, The Mermaid Diaries Collection.  When it comes to nails, I can't think of a better inspiration than mermaids with all their color and whimsy and this collection really nails it.  There's so much shimmer and shine in The Mermaid Diaries.  It's a really beautiful collection that I'm confident will be a favourite throughout spring and summer.  And you don't even have to wait long for it.  It's releasing tomorrow (March 10, 2017) at noon EST.  I enjoyed swatching The Mermaid Diaries so much that I included all 6 shades in some stamping which you can find at the end of the post.  I hope you like these as much as I do.  



Any Fin Is Possible

"A delicate periwinkle, infused with holo flakies and color shifting purple shimmer, swimming alongside turquoise color shifting flakies, that’s shore to remind you that anything is truly possible.”


This is 3 coats plus top coat.  I wasn't expecting to like this one nearly as much as I did.  The jelly formula allows the flakies and holo to really stand out.  


I didn't think my camera picked up the purple shimmer good enough so I layered it over black to really show it off.  It was an instant galaxy mani.  


Call Me On My Shell Phone

"An effortless blush pink that is anything but understated. Gleaming with silver holo flakies and beautiful gold shimmer, our universally flattering Delushie is sure to be a must have!”


This formula was outstanding.  I was expecting a bit of drag since I find that's common amongst light pinks but I had no application issues at all.  And it's almost a one-coater but I still did two for this swatch.  And check out that gold shimmer.


Don't Play Koi

A majestic magenta featuring captivating color shifting red and gold shimmer, that makes this Delushie a head turner, no matter the season!"


This was the only description I didn't 100% agree with.  I didn't find it to be magenta, more of a bright purple with a strong pink shimmer.  This is two coats plus top coat.    


I Washed Up Like This

"Wake up to an effortless mani with our bold turquoise, accented with holo flakies and sparks of color shifting turquoise glitter.”


I have to start by saying these photos aren't 100% accurate.  They're making this look like there's some texture from the glitter but there really wasn't.  At least not that I could see or feel.  But this is a quintessential mermaid shade in my opinion.  You can't have a mermaid collection without a shimmering teal.  This is two coats plus top coat.


Resting Beach Face

"A beautiful deep raspberry pink cream, dusted with delicate yet fierce red shimmer that’s bound to make this stunner a universally flattering shade for all skin tones and seasons!”


This is the most creme-like finish in the collection.  The darker color makes the shimmer less prominent than the others but it's still strong.  I agree that this shade will easily transition between all the seasons.  This is two coats but, again, almost a one-coater for me.  


Siren of the Seas

"An effortless lavender with stunning gilded gold shimmer along with a dusting of gleaming holo flakies  that's bound to beckon to your inner mermaid.”


Siren of the Seas is such a complex polish.  The light lavender color really shows off the gold shimmer and the holo flakies.  I did not that you shouldn't be impatient with this one.  If you don't wait a bit between coats it shows more brushstrokes (like on the middle nail here).  This is two coats plus top coat.  


Stamping


Born Pretty BP-L017 stamped over Any Fin Is Possible



UberChic Beauty Mermaid Life over gradient of Call Me On My Shell Phone, Don't Play Koi and I Washed Up Like This



MoYou London Sailor 03 and UberChic Beauty Mermaid Life  over a mix of Resting Beach Face and Siren of the Seas.  


Again, this collection will be available tomorrow at 12 pm EST (Friday, March 10, 2017) set your reminders and shop away!  My favourites in this collection really surprised me.  I loved the shiftiness of Any Fin Is Possible and the how classy I felt wearing Call Me On My Shell Phone.  Which do you like most?

$9.75 each 
$56/full collection
Available at Delush Polish

'Til next time...


No comments: