Monday, April 3, 2017

Nail Challenge Collaborative - Spring #1

Hey there!  April's Nail Challenge Collaborative theme is Spring.  At least to me, there's nothing more spring-like than floral patterns.  There's certainly no flowers blooming around me yet but since I'm craving spring and warmer weather so much lately, I've been wearing a lot of flowers on my nails.    It seriously seems like I've just been switching from one floral to the next.  I did these last week when I was playing with the latest UberChic Beauty collection and thought they'd fit in perfectly with the spring theme.  They even use two of the China Glaze Spring Fling polishes that I just bought.  I received them last Monday and did these the same day.  I'm so happy with how these turned out!

Spring Flower Nail Art

Spring Flower Nail Art

This mani involves a gradient and negative space and layered stamping.  I think the combination is why I love it so much.  I love all of those things on their own and they're even better together.  I started with a gradient of China Glaze Too Much of a Good Fling and I Just Cant-aloupe over a white base.  Both of these have a fantastic creme formula.  I'm glad I listened to this review and bought them both.  Over the gradient I added a coat of China Glaze Golden Enchantment (the gold version of Fairy Dust that I don't think anyone knows about).  

Spring Nail Design

Over that gradient I stamped the negative space image from UberChic Beauty 15-02 with Mundo de Unas Bronze.  

Spring Nail Art

Then, since this image is designed to be layered with the more detailed flowers so I stamped those with Mundo de Unas Black.  Now I want ALL my negative space images to come like this, as two layers.  I topped with KBShimmer Clearly On Top and was good to go.  This mani got me some compliments at work so I wore it for a couple days and was sad to take it off when I had to.

Floral Nail Stamping

So there you have it - my first Nail Challenge Collaborative April design.  I'm so proud of myself for not waiting until the last week of April like I have with the last two challenges!  Down below we'll be able to see if anyone else has brought us their springtime manis yet.

'Til next time...



No comments: