Friday, 9 June 2017

26 Great Nail Art Ideas - Water

Hey there!  Today's 26 Great Nail Art Ideas theme is something we can't live without - water!  I know I'm not alone in really, really loving water, hence I spend as much time at the lake as possible.  Even though I can't swim, being around water is just so calming.  Or, in the case of our cold and angry lake, it's exhilarating.  For today's mani I picked a design that was calming to look at but not so calming to actually do.  I chose to do a blue water marble so it's sort of water two ways - looks like water and used water to do it.




I joked that doing this water marble wasn't calming but it wasn't really that bad.  We all know how awesome pipe dream polish water marbles so I just pulled out every blue I had of hers and went to work.  


Since some of these were jellies, I definitely needed a white base so I used pipe dream polish Whitewater.  Hey that's another water reference!  The blues I used were Happy Hour, Celebration, Tropic Thunder, Bell Bottoms, All In, Keep Calm and Chillax.  Then I topped with 2 coats of KBShimmer Clearly On Top to try to make it last even longer.  If I put the work into a water marble, I want to wear it for a couple days at least. 


I think because I used all shades of the same color and did a swirly water marble, I lost some of the color definition but who cares.  I loved this, bubbles and all!  


In the links below you can find the rest of the group's water manis.  I'm looking forward to checking those out myself!

'Til next time...