Monday, March 12, 2018

The Digit-al Dozen does Stamping - Leadlighting

Hey there!  Can you believe it's already time for a new Digit-al Dozen week?  The last one just ended a couple weeks ago but the timing worked out that this is the week for March.  I'm not complaining since this month's theme makes me so happy.  This week we're all doing stamping!  There's quite a few stampers in the group so I think a bunch of us are pretty pleased with it.  Rather than just show 5 random stamped manis of mine, I tried to come up with 5 different stamping techniques for my designs this week, starting with leadlighting.  Normally leadlighting is done with sheer polish over a light base (otherwise the color won't show) but I tried it with some shimmery polish that I bought from Born Pretty Store.  It's practically clear on its own but it's super pretty over black.  I'm so happy with how these turned out!




It was during January's All That Glitter's prompt, from Kimett Kolor's gorgeous stained glass mani, when I was reminded that I bought this Moyra 44 plate from a group buy and hadn't tried it yet.  I also wanted a stained glass effect but it certainly didn't turn out like stained glass at all.  It reminded me (and my office mate) more of some sort of Asian silk print.


For my black base I used Orly Liquid Vinyl.  Then I stamped with Mundo de Unas Bronze with Moyra 44.  I was sure to top coat before the leadlighting step since it can sometimes mess up the stamping.  I used HK Girl top coat.  


For the leadlighting, I used these polishes that I bought from Born Pretty.  This is the second time I've done some sort of nail art with them over black.  I wasn't sure I was ever going to use them when I bought them but it turned out that they're really quite handy...over black.  They're just too sheer to be useful on their own.  When I was done, I added another coat of HK Girl and had my mani for the next couple days!  


I hope you guys like this week's stamping theme as much as I do.  Since we have some expert stampers in the DD, I highly suggest you check out their blog posts for today in the links below!

'Til next time...



No comments: